Recognition and Awards Program
The ANZSA Recognition and Awards Program was established in 2023 by the Board of Directors.
The program aims to acknowledge and celebrate the remarkable successes of ANZSA members and to highlight their achievements within the sarcoma community. These awards also serve as an opportunity for ANZSA to show our appreciation for our members important contributions.
ANZSA Outstanding Contribution Award
This award showcases the remarkable successes of ANZSA members and to highlight their achievements within the sarcoma community. Receiving this award is ANZSA’s opportunity to show our appreciation for their important contributions.
The successful candidate should have had an outstanding contribution to one of the four areas of the ANZSA mission:
- Quality Research and Clinical Care
- Advocacy and Awareness
- Funding and Governance
- All nominees must be members of ANZSA
- Nominees must be put forward by fellow members (no self-nominations)
- All nominees must be submitted on the official nomination form provided
- Nominators have a strict deadline to submit their nominees, any nominations received after the deadline are not considered for the award
- All nominations are put forward to the Board for review
- Current Board Directors are not eligible
- Prof. Paul Stalley
- Prof. David Thomas
- Mrs. Helen Sewell
ANZSA Lifetime Membership
This award highlights the long-standing services of only a select few members of ANZSA who have consistently contributed to the development of ANZSA since its inception.