1. Australian Institute of Health Welfare [Available from: https://smex12-5-en-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.aihw.gov.au%2freports%2fcancer%2fcancer%2ddata%2din%2daustralia%2fcontents%2fcancer%2dsummary%2ddata%2dvisualisation&umid=89cfa4ac-d44e-4e4c-bb9b-66561453ba17&auth=33daf4ba0a26549707f81ea1cfa75d4b0b8ff8df-869ad2c7621a94672293635f8577a4388e2c1e8b.
2. New Zealand Ministry of Health [Available from: https://www.health.govt.nz/nz-health-statistics/health-statistics-and-data-sets/cancer-data-and-stats.
3. Council NHaMR. NHMRC. Guidelines for Guidelines Handbook. www.nhmrc.gov.au/guidelinesforguidelines [Available from: https://www.nhmrc.gov.au/guidelinesforguidelines/background.
4. NHMRC. NHMRC levels of evidence and grades for recommendations for developers of guidelines:
NHMRC 2009 [Available from: http://www.nhmrc.gov.au/_files_nhmrc/file/guidelines/evidence_statement_form.pdf.
5. Haas RLM, Stelmes J-J, Zaffaroni F, Clementel E, Deroma RB, Pechoux CL, et al. Critical impact of radiotherapy protocol compliance and quality in the treatment of retroperitoneal sarcomas: Results from the 62092-22092 STRASS trial. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2021;39(15_suppl):11566-.
6. Abarca T, Gao Y, Monga V, Tanas MR, Milhem MM, Miller BJ. Improved survival for extremity soft tissue sarcoma treated in high-volume facilities. Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2018;117(7):1479-86.
7. Hoekstra HJ, Haas RLM, Verhoef C, Suurmeijer AJH, van Rijswijk CSP, Bongers BGH, et al. Adherence to Guidelines for Adult (Non-GIST) Soft Tissue Sarcoma in the Netherlands: A Plea for Dedicated Sarcoma Centers. Annals of surgical oncology. 2017;24(11):3279-88.
8. Kimura T, Kawai K, Kandori S, Nitta S, Kojo K, Nagumo Y, et al. Impact of centralization in primary retroperitoneal sarcoma treatment: analysis using hospital-based cancer registry data in Japan. International journal of clinical oncology. 2020;25(9):1687-94.
9. Lazarides AL, Kerr DL, Dial BL, Steele JR, Lane WO, Blazer DG, 3rd, et al. Does facility volume influence survival in patients with primary malignant bone tumors of the vertebral column? A comparative cohort study. The spine journal : official journal of the North American Spine Society. 2020;20(7):1106-13.
10. Lazarides AL, Kerr DL, Nussbaum DP, Kreulen RT, Somarelli JA, Blazer DG, et al. Soft tissue sarcoma of the extremities: What is the value of treating at high-volume centers? Clinical orthopaedics and related research. 2019;477(4):718-27.
11. Malik AT, Alexander JH, Khan SN, Scharschmidt TJ. Is Treatment at a High-volume Center Associated with an Improved Survival for Primary Malignant Bone Tumors? Clinical orthopaedics and related research. 2020;478(3):631-42.
12. Schmitz R, Adam MA, Blazer DG, 3rd. Overcoming a travel burden to high-volume centers for treatment of retroperitoneal sarcomas is associated with improved survival. World journal of surgical oncology. 2019;17(1):180.
13. Gutierrez JC, Perez EA, Moffat FL, Livingstone AS, Franceschi D, Koniaris LG. Should soft tissue sarcomas be treated at high-volume centers? An analysis of 4205 patients. Annals of surgery. 2007;245(6):952-8.
14. Lin TA, Ludmir EB, Liao K-P, McAleer MF, Bishop AJ, Grosshans D, et al. Relationship between treatment center case volume and survival for localized Ewing sarcoma: The role of radiotherapy timing. Pediatric blood & cancer. 2020;67(11):e28685.
15. Song Y, Ecker BL, Tang R, Maggino L, Roses RE, DeMatteo RP, et al. Trends in practice patterns and outcomes: A decade of sarcoma care in the United States. Surgical Oncology. 2019;29:168-77.
16. Venigalla S, Nead KT, Sebro R, Guttmann DM, Sharma S, Simone CB, 2nd, et al. Association Between Treatment at High-Volume Facilities and Improved Overall Survival in Soft Tissue Sarcomas. International journal of radiation oncology, biology, physics. 2018;100(4):1004-15.
17. Martin-Broto J, Hindi N, Cruz J, Martinez-Trufero J, Valverde C, De Sande LM, et al. Relevance of Reference Centers in Sarcoma Care and Quality Item Evaluation: Results from the Prospective Registry of the Spanish Group for Research in Sarcoma (GEIS). Oncologist. 2019;24(6):e338-e46.
18. Wright CH, Wright J, Cioffi G, Hdeib A, Kasliwal MK, Kruchko C, et al. Association of cancer center type with treatment patterns and overall survival for patients with sacral and spinal chordomas: An analysis of the National Cancer Database from 2004 to 2015. Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine. 2020;32(2):311-20.
19. Bauer HC, Trovik CS, Alvegard TA, Berlin O, Erlanson M, Gustafson P, et al. Monitoring referral and treatment in soft tissue sarcoma: study based on 1,851 patients from the Scandinavian Sarcoma Group Register. Acta Orthopaedica Scandinavica. 2001;72(2):150-9.
20. Ray-Coquard I, Thiesse P, Ranchere-Vince D, Chauvin F, Bobin JY, Sunyach MP, et al. Conformity to clinical practice guidelines, multidisciplinary management and outcome of treatment for soft tissue sarcomas. Annals of oncology : official journal of the European Society for Medical Oncology. 2004;15(2):307-15.
21. Sampo MM, Ronty M, Tarkkanen M, Tukiainen EJ, Bohling TO, Blomqvist CP. Soft tissue sarcoma - a population-based, nationwide study with special emphasis on local control. Acta oncologica (Stockholm, Sweden). 2012;51(6):706-12.
22. Tan MTL, Thompson SR, Schipp D, Bae S, Crowe PJ. Patterns of care of superficial soft tissue sarcomas: it is not always just a lump. Asia-Pacific journal of clinical oncology. 2018;14(5):e472-e8.
23. Ellison C, King D, Neilson J, Wooldrife A, Charlson J, Hackbarth D, et al. Preoperative Radiation Performed at a Nonsarcoma Center
May Lead to Increased Wound Complications Following
Resection in Patients With Soft Tissue Sarcomas. Am J Clin Oncol. 2021;44:619-23.
24. Tchelebi LT, Shen B, Wang M, Gusani NJ, Walter V, Abrams R, et al. Impact of radiation therapy facility volume on survival in patients with cancer. Cancer. 2021;127(21):4081-90.
25. Abellan JF, Lamo De Espinosa JM, Duart J, Patino-Garcia A, Martin-Algarra S, Martinez-Monge R, et al. Nonreferral of possible soft tissue sarcomas in adults: A dangerous omission in policy. Sarcoma. 2009;2009:827912.
26. Adam MA, Moris D, Behren S, Nussbaum DP, Jawitz O, Turner M, et al. Hospital volume threshold for the treatment of retroperitoneal sarcoma. Anticancer research. 2019;39(4):2007-14.
27. Bagaria SP, Chang Y-H, Gray RJ, Ashman JB, Attia S, Wasif N. Improving Long-Term Outcomes for Patients with Extra-Abdominal Soft Tissue Sarcoma Regionalization to High-Volume Centers, Improved Compliance with Guidelines or Both? Sarcoma. 2018;2018:8141056.
28. Bagaria SP, Neville M, Gray RJ, Gabriel E, Ashman JB, Attia S, et al. The Volume-Outcome Relationship in Retroperitoneal Soft Tissue Sarcoma: Evidence of Improved Short- and Long-Term Outcomes at High-Volume Institutions. Sarcoma. 2018;2018:3056562.
29. Berger NG, Silva JP, Mogal H, Clarke CN, Bedi M, Charlson J, et al. Overall survival after resection of retroperitoneal sarcoma at academic cancer centers versus community cancer centers: An analysis of the National Cancer Data Base. Surgery (United States). 2018;163(2):318-23.
30. Bhangu AA, Beard JAS, Grimer RJ. Should Soft Tissue Sarcomas be Treated at a Specialist Centre? Sarcoma. 2004;8(1):1-6.
31. Blay JY, Honore C, Stoeckle E, Meeus P, Jafari M, Gouin F, et al. Surgery in reference centers improves survival of sarcoma patients: a nationwide study. Annals of oncology. 2019;30(7):1143-53.
32. Bonvalot S, Gaignard E, Stoeckle E, Meeus P, Decanter G, Carrere S, et al. Survival Benefit of the Surgical Management of Retroperitoneal Sarcoma in a Reference Center: A Nationwide Study of the French Sarcoma Group from the NetSarc Database. Annals of surgical oncology. 2019;26(7):2286-93.
33. Bonvalot S, Rivoire M, Castaing M, Stoeckle E, Le Cesne A, Blay JY, et al. Primary retroperitoneal sarcomas: A multivariate analysis of surgical factors associated with local control. Journal of clinical oncology. 2009;27(1):31-7.
34. Collignon C, Carton M, Brisse HJ, Pannier S, Gauthier A, Sarnacki S, et al. Soft tissue sarcoma in children, adolescents and young adults: Outcomes according to compliance with international initial care guidelines. European journal of surgical oncology : the journal of the European Society of Surgical Oncology and the British Association of Surgical Oncology. 2020;46(7):1277-86.
35. Decanter G, Stoeckle E, Honore C, Meeus P, Mattei JC, Dubray-Longeras P, et al. Watch and Wait Approach for Re-excision After Unplanned Yet Macroscopically Complete Excision of Extremity and Superficial Truncal Soft Tissue Sarcoma is Safe and Does Not Affect Metastatic Risk or Amputation Rate. Annals of surgical oncology. 2019;26(11):3526-34.
36. Engstrom K, Bergh P, Gustafson P, Hultborn R, Johansson H, Lofvenberg R, et al. Liposarcoma: outcome based on the Scandinavian Sarcoma Group register. Cancer. 2008;113(7):1649-56.
37. Feinberg L, Srinivasan A, Singh JK, Parry M, Stevenson J, Jeys L, et al. Impact of specialist management on survival from radiation-associated angiosarcoma of the breast. The British journal of surgery. 2018;105(4):401-9.
38. Gantzer J, Di Marco A, Fabacher T, Weingertner N, Delhorme J-B, Brinkert D, et al. Conformity to Clinical Practice Guidelines at Initial Management in Adult Soft Tissue and Visceral Tumors since the Implementation of the NetSarc Network in Eastern France. The oncologist. 2019;24(8):e775-e83.
39. Gilg MM, Sunitsch S, Leitner L, Bergovec M, Szkandera J, Leithner A, et al. Tumor-associated mortality and prognostic factors in myxofibrosarcoma - A retrospective review of 109 patients. Orthopaedics and Traumatology: Surgery and Research. 2020;106(6):1059-65.
40. Gustafson P, Dreinhofer KE, Rydholm A. Soft tissue sarcoma should be treated at a tumor center: A comparison of quality of surgery in 375 patients. Acta Orthopaedica Scandinavica. 1994;65(1):47-50.
41. Ipach I, Wingert T, Kunze B, Kluba T. Oncological outcome and prognostic factors in the therapy of soft tissue sarcoma of the extremities. Orthopedic reviews. 2012;4(4):e34.
42. Kalaiselvan R, Malik AK, Rao R, Wong K, Ali N, Griffin M, et al. Impact of centralization of services on outcomes in a rare tumour: Retroperitoneal sarcomas. European journal of surgical oncology. 2019;45(2):249-53.
43. Keung EZ, Chiang Y-J, Cormier JN, Torres KE, Hunt KK, Feig BW, et al. Treatment at low-volume hospitals is associated with reduced short-term and long-term outcomes for patients with retroperitoneal sarcoma. Cancer. 2018;124(23):4495-503.
44. Kikuta K, Kubota D, Yoshida A, Suzuki Y, Morioka H, Toyama Y, et al. An analysis of factors related to recurrence of myxofibrosarcoma. Japanese Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2013;43(11):1093-104.
45. Lazarides AL, Kerr DL, Dial BL, Steele JR, Lane WO, Blazer DG, et al. Does facility volume influence survival in patients with primary malignant bone tumors of the vertebral column? A comparative cohort study. Spine Journal. 2020;20(7):1106-13.
46. Lo S, Foster N, Campbell L, White J, Nixon I, Mansell J, et al. A need for clarity on surgical management of breast sarcoma: Scottish sarcoma network guidelines and regional audit. Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery. 2020.
47. Lytvynenko OO, Konovalenko VF, Ryzhov AY. Local recurrences after the treatment of soft tissue malignant fibrous histiocytoma (unclassified pleomorphic sarcoma) of the limbs. Wiadomosci lekarskie (Warsaw, Poland : 1960). 2019;72(8):1523-6.
48. Maurice MJ, Yih JM, Ammori JB, Abouassaly R. Predictors of surgical quality for retroperitoneal sarcoma: Volume matters. Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2017;116(6):766-74.
49. Merchant S, Cheifetz R, Knowling M, Khurshed F, McGahan C. Practice referral patterns and outcomes in patients with primary retroperitoneal sarcoma in British Columbia. American Journal of Surgery. 2012;203(5):632-8.
50. Paszat L, O'Sullivan B, Bell R, Bramwell V, Groome P, Mackillop W, et al. Processes and outcomes of care for soft tissue sarcoma of the extremities. Sarcoma. 2002;6(1):19-26.
51. Ray-Coquard I, Thiesse P, Ranchere-Vince D, Chauvin F, Bobin JY, Sunyach MP, et al. Conformity to clinical practice guidelines, multidisciplinary management and outcome of treatment for soft tissue sarcomas. Annals of oncology. 2004;15(2):307-15.
52. Sakabe T, Murata H, Konishi E, Takeshita H, Ueda H, Matsui T, et al. Evaluation of clinical outcomes and prognostic factors for synovial sarcoma arising from the extremities. Medical Science Monitor. 2008;14(6):CR305-CR10.
53. Sampo MM, Ronty M, Tarkkanen M, Tukiainen EJ, Bohling TO, Blomqvist CP. Soft tissue sarcoma - A population-based, nationwide study with special emphasis on local control. Acta Oncologica. 2012;51(6):706-12.
54. Sandrucci S, Ponzetti A, Gianotti C, Mussa B, Lista P, Grignani G, et al. Different quality of treatment in retroperitoneal sarcomas (RPS) according to hospital-case volume and surgeon-case volume: A retrospective regional analysis in Italy. Clinical sarcoma research. 2018;8(1):3.
55. Takeuchi A, Tsuchiya H, Ishii T, Nishida Y, Abe S, Matsumine A, et al. Clinical outcome of recurrent giant cell tumor of the extremity in the era before molecular target therapy: The Japanese Musculoskeletal Oncology Group study. BMC musculoskeletal disorders. 2016;17(1):306.
56. Toulmonde M, Bonvalot S, Meeus P, Stoeckle E, Riou O, Isambert N, et al. Retroperitoneal sarcomas: Patterns of care at diagnosis, prognostic factors and focus on main histological subtypes: A multicenter analysis of the French Sarcoma Group. Annals of oncology. 2014;25(3):735-42.
57. Venigalla S, Nead KT, Sebro R, Guttmann DM, Sharma S, Simone CB, et al. Association Between Treatment at High-Volume Facilities and Improved Overall Survival in Soft Tissue Sarcomas. International journal of radiation oncology biology physics. 2018;100(4):1004-15.
58. Villano AM, Zeymo A, Chan KS, Shara N, Al-Refaie WB. Identifying the Minimum Volume Threshold for Retroperitoneal Soft Tissue Sarcoma Resection: Merging National Data with Consensus Expert Opinion. Journal of the American College of Surgeons. 2019.
59. Vos M, Blaauwgeers HGT, Ho VKY, van Houdt WJ, van der Hage JA, Been LB, et al. Increased survival of non low-grade and deep-seated soft tissue sarcoma after surgical management in high-volume hospitals: a nationwide study from the Netherlands. European journal of cancer. 2019;110:98-106.
60. Widhe B, Bauer HCF. Surgical treatment is decisive for outcome in chondrosarcoma of the chest wall: A population-based Scandinavian Sarcoma Group study of 106 patients. Journal of thoracic and cardiovascular surgery. 2009;137(3):610-4.
61. Schmitz R, Adam MA, Blazer DG, 3rd. Overcoming a travel burden to high-volume centers for treatment of retroperitoneal sarcomas is associated with improved survival. World J Surg Oncol. 2019;17(1):180.
62. Gutierrez JC, Perez EA, Moffat FL, Livingstone AS, Franceschi D, Koniaris LG. Should soft tissue sarcomas be treated at high-volume centers? An analysis of 4205 patients. Annals of surgery. 2007;245(6):952-8.
63. Lans J, Yue K-LC, Castelein RM, Chen NC, Lozano-Calderon SA. Soft tissue sarcoma of the hand: Is unplanned excision a problem? European journal of surgical oncology : the journal of the European Society of Surgical Oncology and the British Association of Surgical Oncology. 2019;45(7):1281-7.
64. Pollock RC, Stalley PD. Biopsy of musculoskeletal tumours - Beware. ANZ Journal of Surgery. 2004;74(7):516-9.
65. Traub F, Griffin AM, Wunder JS, Ferguson PC. Influence of unplanned excisions on the outcomes of patients with stage III extremity soft-tissue sarcoma. Cancer. 2018;124(19):3868-75.
66. Schmitz R, Adam MA, Blazer DG. Overcoming a travel burden to high-volume centers for treatment of retroperitoneal sarcomas is associated with improved survival. World Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2019;17(1).
67. Stiles ZE, Dickson PV, Glazer ES, Murphy AJ, Davidoff AM, Behrman SW, et al. Desmoplastic small round cell tumor: A nationwide study of a rare sarcoma. Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2018;117(8):1759-67.
68. Villano AM, Zeymo A, McDermott J, Barrak D, Unger KR, Shara NM, et al. Regionalization of retroperitoneal sarcoma surgery to high-volume hospitals: Missed opportunities for outcome improvement. Journal of Oncology Practice. 2019;15(3):E247-E61.
69. Dilday JC, Nelson DW, Fischer TD, Goldfarb M. Disparities in Amputation Rates for Non-metastatic Extremity Soft Tissue Sarcomas and the Impact on Survival. Annals of surgical oncology. 2021;28(1):576-84.
70. Villano AM, Zeymo A, Chan KS, Unger KR, Shara N, Al-Refaie WB. Variations in retroperitoneal soft tissue sarcoma outcomes by hospital type: A national cancer database analysis. JCO Oncology Practice. 2020;16(9):E991-E1003.
71. Hu J, Zhang C, Zhu K, Zhang L, Cai T, Zhan T, et al. Treatment-related prognostic factors in managing osteosarcoma around the knee with limb salvage surgery: A lesson from a long-term follow-up study. BioMed Research International. 2019;2019:3215824.
72. Ali BA, Nader R, Muwakkit S, Abboud M, El Solh HMB, Saab RH. Clinical prognostic factors in pediatric Ewing sarcoma. Journal of clinical oncology. 2013;31(15 SUPPL. 1).
73. Gupta AA, Pappo A, Saunders N, Hopyan S, Ferguson P, Wunder J, et al. Clinical outcome of children and adults with localized Ewing sarcoma: impact of chemotherapy dose and timing of local therapy. Cancer. 2010;116(13):3189-94.
74. Lin TA, Ludmir EB, Liao K-P, McAleer MF, Grosshans DR, McGovern SL, et al. Timing of Local Therapy Affects Survival in Ewing Sarcoma. International journal of radiation oncology, biology, physics. 2019;104(1):127-36.
75. Nasaka S, Gundeti S, Ganta R, Arigela R, Maddali L, Linga V. Impact of treatment protocol on outcome of localized Ewing's sarcoma. South Asian journal of cancer. 2016;5(4):194-5.