July is Sarcoma Awareness Month
ANZSA is calling on all Australians to ‘Go Yellow Anywhere for Sarcoma Awareness’ this July for Sarcoma Awareness Month in support of the sarcoma community.
This year’s theme ‘Go Yellow Anywhere for Sarcoma Awareness’ highlights the word ‘anywhere’ as sarcoma is a really unique cancer that can form anywhere in the body.
Each year, hundreds will be diagnosed with a type of sarcoma and will go through a challenging experience – often a long and hard journey to getting better through gruelling cycles of treatment.
Sarcoma Awareness Month is our way to create public awareness of sarcoma and to stand in solidarity with the sarcoma community, which includes health professionals, researchers, patients and their loved ones.
We have simple activities you can participate to show your support! Don’t forget to use the #anzsa so we can keep track!
Go Yellow Anywhere for Sarcoma Awareness activities
Webinars - Sarcoma
- A series of four (4) live online webinars will run once a week in July. The topics were chosen in consultation with the ANZSA Consumer Advisory Panel (CAP).
- Each webinar will take around 45 minutes (including live questions and answers) and can be accessed anywhere.
- Save the dates and more details will be provided shortly.
6 July - Clinical Trials - Why Should I Participate in One
Speakers: Dr Susie Bae (ANZSA Fellow and sarcoma specialist) | Julijana Todorovic (sarcoma survivor). Register here
16 July - Managing Practical Issues while Undergoing Sarcoma Treatment
Speakers: Kate Thompson and Illana Berger (social workers) | Julijana Todorovic and Natalia Dewiyani (sarcoma survivors). Register here
23 July - Survivorship - Life After Treatment
Speakers: Prof Michael Jefford (Director of the Australian Cancer Survivorship Centre) | Amy Lantieri (sarcoma survivor). Register here
Patient Referral Pathway (date and speakers to be confirmed)
‘I Go Yellow for…’
- Nothing speaks more than your public support towards your loved ones. Download a tile that best represents who you are going yellow for and post it on your social media!
‘Go Yellow Anywhere’ challenge
- Take a photo of yourself or in a group in all sorts of locations (a play on the ‘anywhere’ theme) dressed in yellow or holding a yellow item - your choice! Post it on your social media and tag two friends you’d want to do this!
Organise a Fundraiser
- Fundraising is easy and fun! It's a good way to raise sarcoma awareness among your friends, family and colleagues.
- It can be a simple activity that you enjoy like running or baking. And off you go! Find out more info here - Fundraise for Us
- Your action today creates a long-lasting impact.
If you would like to contribute towards sarcoma research, please do so through our Donations page.
Thank you for your support towards the sarcoma community and ANZSA!